Maintaining a clean and clear lawn is not an easy thing. However, it needs to be done if you want to have a beautiful home. Most times, the lawn is the first thing people notice when they look at your home. Tow behind lawn sweepers can be beneficial tools because they can help quickly eliminate debris like grass clippings, twigs, leaves, and all other waste that settles on your lawn.
The best lawn sweeper products can help save you both money and time when it comes to maintaining the yard. Good lawn sweepers won’t damage your space while removing debris—the work keeps the lawn attractive, clean, and safe. Let’s take a look at the five best tow behind lawn sweepers on the market.
Best Tow-Behind Lawn Sweeper
Agri-Fab 44-Inch 45-0592
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
Ohio Steel 50SWP26 50-Inch Pro Sweeper
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
Craftsman 42-Inch Tow Lawn Sweeper
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
Agri-Fab 42-Inch Lawn Sweeper
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
Yard Commander 42-Inch Lawn Sweeper
|VIEW ON AMAZON →READ REVIEWS →|
1. Ohio Steel 50SWP26 50-Inch Pro Sweeper
If you’re searching for a high-performance lawn sweeper that can clear up the debris on big lawns in no time, then the Ohio Steel Pro Sweeper is what you need. The Ohio Steel sweeper has a huge 50-inch sweeping width. This makes it one of the biggest residential tow lawn sweepers out there. Thanks to how big it is, cleaning big gardens won’t be too much of a hassle.
This lawn sweeper also has a huge hooper capacity that measures about 26-cubic feet. However dirty your lawn is, this sweeper can collect everything from leaves and grass clippings to even pine cones.
Its 11-inch spiral brushes are manufactured using durable and strong polypropylene material. It also has an Ohio patented exclusive that can’t be found anywhere else. Furthermore, thanks to the device’s 4.5-1 brush-to-wheel turning ratio, users can make sharp bends on their lawn vehicles without worrying whether the sweeper can keep up.
If you’re searching for the best lawn sweeper that can clear up the debris on big lawns in no time, then the Ohio Steel Pro Sweeper is what you need.
- The lawn sweeper is very easy to assemble. The fact that it can be assembled single-handedly can help save resources, time, and money
- The sweeper is so fast and effortless in its operation. From the moment it’s assembled to the time it gets going, the device works superbly throughout.
- Can manage specific heavy-duty jobs and is not necessarily solely for residential use
- Its 5-position hitch adjustment feature allows the sweeper to fit into any tractor brand comfortably
- Sometimes the bag overloads. In some cases, even on its first operation. This ends up leaving small holes in the corners
- Doesn’t come with a comprehensive user guide. There no clear instructions on how to change heights and how to make bar adjustments.
2. Agri-Fab 44-Inch 45-0592
This Agri-Fab lawn sweeper will help you maintain your yard and help you create that space you deserve. There’s no need to continue doing that back-breaking work of cleaning your lawn. This device’s exceptional performance will make your life much more comfortable. It has a huge flow-through bag that features a hooper bag handle function that makes it convenient and easy to dump the sweeper.
Its patented tongue offset option is something a little extra it has. This feature allows the user to sweep and mow simultaneously. It’s also incredibly easy to assemble. It’s no tool adjustment, and no tool assembly principle helps things a lot. All these features are what help make this lawn mower one of the gold standards in its space.
When the Agri-Fab sweeper is broken down to its storage form, it’ll take up an average of 50-percent less storage space than all its other competitors. This particular lawn sweeper product is all about making your lawn care easy and helping to save both effort and time.
- Its 44-inch two semi-pneumatic tires make sure you get smooth transportation over the sweeping areas.
- The four brushes on the device sweep into the sweeper’s unique flow-through hooper bag attachment. This bag is capable of carrying two to three times more than a two-bin bagger.
- It has a unique off-set overall design that allows the user to both sweep and cut the lawn simultaneously.
- The handle helps make it a lot easier to dump, and you won’t even have to get down from your tractor/garden vehicle.
- It can be stored very easily because it can be folded and brought down to 30-percent of its original size.
- Has an adjustable brush height
- It’s a bit bulky and sturdy
- Tires could’ve had better traction
3. Craftsman 42-Inch Tow Lawn Sweeper
This lawn sweeper’s build quality is one of the best things about it. A lot of people have praised it for being sturdy and durable. It’s a sweeper that’ll last you years and years. It’s also a relatively easy to assemble sweeper product. It should generally take you between 30-50 minutes to fully set it up.
Built to last, this high-performance tow lawn sweeper will help keep your lawn looking well-manicured season after season. Its flow-through bag quickly collects lawn debris, leaves, grass clippings, and even pine cones. The advanced technology the bag uses fills it up more efficiently, utilizing the whole bag. It’s also very versatile and quickly attaches to almost any kind of tractor.
This particular product has very high owner ratings. Many owners have given positive reviews about its sturdiness and lawn clearing performance.
- It’s highly adept at clearing medium to small-sized lawns. It can pick up almost all kinds of debris found on a residential lawn.
- It’s also value for the price. Considering how much it costs against what it can, this machine is a great deal.
- It’s also very easy to both unhook and hook from the towing machine pulling the sweeper.
- Its extra-large wheels that feature a diamond tread pattern, and the cantilever hitch design provides you with max traction. It also provides weight to its wheels. This power delivery system ensures you get superior performance when cleaning both damp and dry lawns.
- Heavy-duty steel housing adds more weight, which enhances traction, in turn, leading to more efficient cleaning.
- The wheels on the sweeper lock or drag when the hopper bag is overloaded.
- The sweeper doesn’t handle rough terrains too well.
4. Agri-Fab 42-Inch Lawn Sweeper
This lawn sweeper will help you keep up a well-manicured lawn. The one you truly deserve. You really don’t have to spend so much time doing the hard work of clearing up the debris in your yard. The Agri-Fab’s exceptional performance will make things so much easier for you. Whether you’re sweeping up small twigs and leaves in the fall or picking up grass trimmings in the summer or spring, this lawn sweeper will do with ease.
The sweeper has two semi-pneumatic tires that will help ensure you get smooth transportation all through the sweeping process. It has four brushes that sweep the lawn debris into its huge hopper bag. Its hopper bag is capable of holding around 12 cubic feet of debris. It also has a dumping rope that allows you to dump without getting off your tractor easily.
This sweeper’s shopper bag is not only adjustable but measures 42-inches as well. There’s a windscreen that prevents wind from blowing up already swept up leaves and debris back onto the lawn. Lastly, brushes are only activated during forward movement. It won’t sweep when you’re reversing.
- It’s relatively easy to assemble and incredibly lightweight.
- The hopper bag is very big and can carry a large amount of lawn debris. This means that you won’t have to be constantly dumping the contents inside
- The sweeper’s cantilever attachment feature also means that you won’t have to always get off the tractor to empty all the collected debris
- Easily folds up after use for more efficient storage. Can help save you a lot of space
- The 4.5-1 brush-to-wheel ratio allows for better maneuverability
- Some packages can come with incomplete or damaged parts, which can end up making it a bit harder to assemble
- Poor packaging
- Sometimes parts aren’t wrapped properly or are placed inside unsealed bags
- The assembly instructions could’ve been a little more comprehensive
5. Yard Commander 42-Inch Lawn Sweeper
Ideal for small twigs, leaves, grass clippings, and more, this 42-inch Yard Commander lawn sweeper is able to sweep up most lawn debris easily. It will leave your outdoor space looking clear and clean. This product contains a 12.9-cubic feet hopper bag made of nylon, has a 42-inch clearing width, and a 10-inch brush diameter.
The Yard Commander, with its 10.5-inch rubber wheels, can tackle many kinds of terrain, and the sweeper is treated with a rust-resistant coat finish to help keep rust at bay. Its multi-hitch connection allows it to quickly attach to almost any type of garden tractor, UTV, or ATV. It has an innovative industrial design that makes dumping debris relatively easy.
The collapsible hopper bag can tuck away easily for better and easier storage. Its attractive cross-brush design helps give it a compact look. It has a 9-position height adjustment feature and a foldable tongue for easy attachment.
- Ideal for the medium to large-sized yards and lawns
- Its rust-resistant powder finish ensures it lasts as long as possible
- The multiple hitches it comes with helps ensure easy attachment
- Dumping debris can be done easily, and it saves you from having to do things manually
- It might take you a while to assemble and get up and running
- Doesn’t have a comprehensive user manual
- It’s a bit heavy weighted making it uneasy to maneuver around with
Buying Guide for Tow-Behind Lawn Sweeper
Tow behind lawn sweepers is a highly effective and incredibly easy way of keeping your lawn attractive, safe, and clear. The first thing that most people notice in a home is the yard or lawn outside. If you’re the type who wants to make good first impressions, you’ll like to have a good quality lawn sweeper in the vicinity.
That being said, there are so many lawn sweeper products out there these days it can be hard to decide which one to get.
Let’s take a look at what you need to consider when looking for one.
- Sweeping Path
The wider the sweeper’s sweeping path, the more area you can sweep up in one pass. So, you should get one that has a wide sweeping path, especially if you intend to use the sweeper on a large lawn or yard. For small lawns, you should use sweepers that have a width of 21 to 26 inches. For the medium-sized yards, you want to use sweepers with a width of around 26-inches to 38-inches. Lastly, for the larger yards, you’ll want to use products that have a width of above 38-inches.
- Hopper Capacity
Hooper bags are there to pick up all the lawn debris that has been swept up. The hopper bag is emptied of its debris or grass by either adding it to a compost pile or throwing it into the trash. Having a big hopper bag means you won’t have to keep constantly emptying the bag. Huge bags means less frequent emptying of the bag. Anyway, the different tow-behind sweeper has different size bags, so choose wisely.
- Storage Capacity
If you want to maintain the neatness and cleanliness of your yard, then you’ll probably need to have your lawn sweeper close by at all times. This means that where you’ll store it and how much storage space is there is something very important you’ll need to consider. With that said, tow lawn sweepers are usually a bit harder to store compared to their push style counterparts. You might want to look for sweepers that can be folded or are lightweight enough to be hanged on a wall.
- Height Adjustment
To sweep up all the pine cones, weeds, leaves, and other lawn debris, height adjustment (raising or lowering the level) of your machine will be very important when ensuring an area is adequately cleaned. Hitches have varying heights, and height is often determined by the tractor or vehicle you’ll use to tow the sweeper. The best thing to do is always go for a lawn sweeper with a multi-hitch height feature, especially if you’re not sure about what height you need.
- Manufacturing Material
The material used to make the lawn sweeper is another important factor you need to consider before purchasing one. Sweepers made of metal are usually better than the ones made out of plastic. Why? Because metal will help make the sweeper more durable, heavier, and much more hardworking. Plastic will result in a lightweight sweeper that van be easily moved and swayed. Aluminum-based sweepers are some of the best sweeper products out there. It’s as long-lasting, as durable and as strong as metal is and as lightweight as plastic.
- Size of the Lawn
How big your lawn is will help you determine what type of lawn sweeper you need to buy. You’ll need to get the right size to clean the lawn properly. If your lawn is around 2000-square feet, then a push along lawn sweeper should do just fine. However, if you have a lawn that’s much larger than that, then a tow-behind lawn sweeper is what you might need to get the job at hand done. Also, you’ll need to remember that the lawn’s location is also very important. So, get a sweeper that will be able to handle your terrain before you buy.
- Brush Quality
The lawn sweeper’s brush quality will determine how well and how quickly the device can adequately clean your garden. Instead of picking the cheaper sweepers equipped with bristle, low-quality brushes (which will not last long), you can get durable, top-quality brushes that are closely spaced together to collect even the tiniest pieces of lawn debris.
You’ll need to know whether the lawn sweeper you’re considering can be towed by the tractor or vehicle you have in your possession. If you get a sweeper that’s too heavy for your tractor, then you won’t be able to do any effective cleaning at all. If you are using a push model, you’ll want lightweight so that you don’t have to strain yourself pushing it around your yard.
Lawn sweepers are incredibly useful garden tools that’ll be used throughout the year regularly. They’ll either be pulled or pushed at varying speeds constantly. This means that they have to be manufactured using sturdy and premium building materials. These will help make the sweeper durable enough to handle that constant use. Getting a durable machine will help save you a lot of money regarding maintenance and repair.
A long-lasting and heavy-duty tow behind a lawn sweeper will have a much higher price tag. If you’re working with a limited budget, then you’ll need to buy what best suits your needs and what you can afford. Closely look at what has the features you’re looking for and whether that collection of features will be in something that’ll fit your budget. Push lawn sweepers roughly cost between $45 to $145. On the other hand, the tow-behind options will roughly set you back around $200 to $500. That being said, all this will still depend on brand, feature, and size.
- Proper Guidelines/Instructions
Although most push-style lawn sweeper products are ready-to-use straight from the box, tow lawn sweepers, on the other hand, need to get assembled. The proper assembly might take some time and will usually require you to follow a set of instructions. It would be best if you got a mower with simple and clear instructions to help make assembly easy for you.
Warranty policies are also things you’ll want to consider before getting a mower. Yes, not every product will have a warranty attached to it, but you should always look for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s a lawn sweeper?
This may seem rather basic, but you can’t pick a good lawn sweeper if you don’t know what it is exactly. Lawn sweepers are garden tools that are used to remove lawn debris mechanically. They’re typically used to sweep up sticks, twigs, grass trimmings, fallen leaves, and excess debris from the lawn. They can clean both pavement and grass.
How do you use lawn sweepers?
There are very many different kinds of tow lawn sweepers, and each of them works differently. Tow-behind lawn sweepers can be attached to an ATV or lawn tractor. It’ll work alongside the machine’s battery. Lawn sweepers will clean your outdoor space the way vacuum cleaners clean your inside spaces.
What kind of lawn debris can lawn sweepers pick?
Most yards don’t just have leaves on them. They also often have pine needles, turds, pebbles, twigs, and so much more. Lawn sweepers will easily collect all that debris. Push-style sweepers are good for collecting lightweight lawn debris, such as acorns, sticks, twigs, and leaves, while the tow-behind sweepers can do a thorough cleaning.
How do you empty a hopper bag?
Lawn debris is typically pushed into the hopper bag during sweeping. This bag is found at the rear. Once this bag is full to the brim, unhook it from the device and then empty the bag into a compost pile or the trash. Some tow behind mowers will require you to get off the tractor and physically unhook the bag while others won’t.
Hopefully, this article has helped you know what kind of tow behind a lawn sweeper you need to be looking at. Finding the best lawn sweeper shouldn’t be that hard now.
However, if you’ve read the whole article and you find that you are still on the fence about which one you’ll choose, consider going for one of the top picks that have been highlighted. They’re not going to let you down. Get the lawn your home deserves as soon as possible. Get your hands on one of these great products today.
You can Read Our Various Mower’s Reviews that Suits You and Your Lawn: